FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 397>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm
I just received an original mint copy of ELP, "Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends".
I saw ELP perform this in 1974 at the Yale Bowl (football stadium in New Haven, Connecticut). I listened to ELP music for over 10 hours that day... what a day!
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:30pm
See My Friends is on my want list.  Ray Davies is one of my all time favorite artists and songwriters.  Just heard an update yesterday that he and brother Dave are finally back together working on new Kinks' material this year, as well as finishing up some old Kinks' tunes that were never completed.  They need to find a bass player, but if they can manage to get along for a while, there may be a Kinks' tour on the horizon!

Originally posted by Fattybatty Fattybatty wrote:

I have borrowed a CD - 'Ray Davies - See My Friends' It is not going back!

I can't stop playing it which is very unusual for me.

It has Bruce Springsteen, Mettallica, Bon Jovi, Mumford and Sons etc and it's brilliant!

Adrian.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:33pm
By the way, we saw Dave Davies' 3 piece band at a small venue in Nashville a year of so ago and they did tons of Kinks' material.  Loads of fun!

Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

See My Friends is on my want list.  Ray Davies is one of my all time favorite artists and songwriters.  Just heard an update yesterday that he and brother Dave are finally back together working on new Kinks' material this year, as well as finishing up some old Kinks' tunes that were never completed.  They need to find a bass player, but if they can manage to get along for a while, there may be a Kinks' tour on the horizon!

Originally posted by Fattybatty Fattybatty wrote:

I have borrowed a CD - 'Ray Davies - See My Friends' It is not going back!

I can't stop playing it which is very unusual for me.

It has Bruce Springsteen, Mettallica, Bon Jovi, Mumford and Sons etc and it's brilliant!

Adrian.
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:00pm
Feeling the need to share, hope you enjoy. Smile

Marco Beltrami - La Terre Tremblante
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbELqfEw6Q

Monophonic - Promises 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nPpdgcERNAU

lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 1:38pm
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here from the album Deadwing
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 9:02pm
John
jloinmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jloinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 4:19am
Dave Brubeck Take Five  - It's an APP 45 RPM and I'm trying to evaluate a PS.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 397>
  Share Topic