FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 398>
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

Dug out my original pressing of ‘you and me both’ - Yazoo and suspect I haven’t played it right through for 20 years or more.  Really enjoyed it from start to finish with great detail, soundstage and vocal detail and super tight and fast bass though either a vase or glass candle holder decided to join in with some heavy sustained synth bass notes - just wish Alison’s voice was this clean on ‘Alf’.

So impressed I also dug out my 12”45 of Only You and placed an order for upstairs at Erics!

I do like this type of synth music but don't own anything by them. I used to see their albums in the used bins fairly often but nothing lately. I may have to buy them on CD soon to hold me over until a clean LP turns up at a local shop. 
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:39pm
thanks they are good recordings and not compressed like some around that time though lively in presentation.  Wonder whether SH vinyl would be good for these or indeed CD would be kind if as in some cases of other examples the CDs are subject to compression. Sure one or both can be extracted new from suitable locations on line.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
‘Had to’ play Yazoo again - spring cleaned my speaker terminals/bananas and sounds even better!  Will look at interconnects, mains sockets and connectors another day - too busy enjoying (even better) music now; even greater ability to listen through the performance, more delicate and natural.
Blackcrowe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackcrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:26pm
For me today needed cheering up..........so..Moulettes, track Glorious Year from Constellations album. Folky outfit with a great English made Cello(interesting historyby the maker)...check em out.....I need a vinyl copy to see what happens. Somebody was talking about Beethoven. Found  Karajan 2nd hand LP bargain 1963  no.3 Eroica plus other symphonies, Berlin Phil. You know that lovely feeling when you've rewired correctly and listen again......Crackin listen.
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:29pm
Today I am spinning some 12" 45 RPM coloured Depeche Mode singles from the mid '80s. It's incredible to hear how good the mastering is on those maxi singles (and the music too, of course).
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Lucabeer Lucabeer wrote:

Today I am spinning some 12" 45 RPM coloured Depeche Mode singles from the mid '80s. It's incredible to hear how good the mastering is on those maxi singles (and the music too, of course).

Very nice. I think 12'' singles are underrated these days. Many shops in my area won't even carry them if people bring them in to trade in to the store. Just not big sellers I guess. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:52pm
all my 12" singles came from the 80s.  Most were excellent recordings though a very small number suffered from basic crap recording so however well they may be pressed the output isn't great though fortunately few and far between. Not bought any doe he last 30+ years so can't comment on current pressings though sure depeche mode will be very good. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 398>
  Share Topic