FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 397>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Istvan Kertesz/LSO Dvorak Symphony 9. Quite possibly the best performance of this piece EVER. Great sound off the original LP, Too.

Mick.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Mick - a great performance plus fantastic Decca sound! That's a really good channel for classical music too. Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:03pm

Playing this one now. This is a "remix"/remaster that really shines. Steven Wilson is the guy behind Porcupine Tree, and he knows his prog, but most importantly he is an audiophile. I can just say that this new mix is so good that it makes "Aqualung" sound absolutely great: not a mean feat, considering that it was an album which was a bit muddy in the original mix. Really, do yourself a favour and get this LP: the vinyl mastering/cutting is top notch too, dynamic and devoid of surface noise. The best way to listen to this great album.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:49pm
I was enjoying Mr Rick Wakeman's 'Six Wives...' this morning amongst other things. Real variety in musical styles and arrangements, pacy enough to keep my interest.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:49pm
Think I will spin one of my 6 wives copies soon!

Edited by Richardl60 - 17 Mar 2019 at 7:50pm
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
I have the original Six Wives 1973 A&M vinyl which I haven't played in years. My recollection is that it was/is such an awful recording, very compressed and lifeless, but that was pre Slee! Wink
I shall have to dig it out and listen again, perhaps it might not be that bad.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:23pm
I would say anything but.. very dynamic with huge scale and frequency extremes at both ends and surprisingly well layered presentation and I haven't played on my latest set up yet. My brother had a god original I bought a new (and remastered) about 2 years ago And also have a SH copy. CD very good too!  Unless it was a poor pressing I would dig it out very soon ian though suspect it could challenge some speakers .
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:41am
Dominque Fils-Aime - Canadian singer, using multi-layered voices with, generally, just percussion and/or double bass. Very unusual, superbly recorded and the vinyl is as good as it gets (at least my copy is!)...

Edited by Suggs - 18 Mar 2019 at 6:46am
Derek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 397>
  Share Topic