FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 397>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:55pm
Wet Wet Wet. Gold...
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 9:30am
Just spinning a remastered version of honky chateau vinyl and it sounds significantly better than my original (Spanish pressing?) bought c1980, which always sounded a bit rolled off at either extreme, lacking dynamics and detail.

This sounds tight, open great width and space and far more dynamic than I recall although it is some years since I have played the whole album which is very foot tapping and enjoyable with great drive and lovely piano work.  

Rocket man is in my top three EJ tracks though suspect ‘I’m going to kill myself’ may be banned these days!

Also bought remastering of goodbye yellow brick road (already have two copies) and ‘don’t shoot me I’m only the piano player’ which I still have to play....
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:34am
Today I've enjoyed:

Debussy La Mer - Munch/Boston
Berlioz Corsair Overture - Munch/Boston
Schumann Cello Concerto - Du Pre/Barenboim
Schubert Death and the Maiden - Berg Quartet
Nancy Griffiths - Lone Star State of Mind
Gillian Welch -The Harrow and the Harvest

Loving my vinyl with the Accession MM/Elevator EXP!!
Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:48am
Nice collection, Kory. The Welch and Griffiths albums get a fair shake at my house, too. I’ve also been enjoying a download of the Schubert Octet, Isabelle Faust headlining. It’s a cracker!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:43am
Mick,
Oh, I think Isabella Faust is great, so I'm going to look for that Schubert Octet. Thanks for the recommendation.

Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:58pm
Burning Spear - Garvey's Ghost.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:47pm
Spinning a new copy of Fats Domino ‘collected’ on yellow vinyl (even worse cuing than the previous moan I had as I can barely see the run in groove even with a light!).

Double album and nicely chronological album, starting in 1950, side 2 starting in 1956 with My Blue Heaven and on to 1958.

Really enjoyed blue Monday and the following Swanee River song instrumental on side 2 and ‘wait and see’ the last two are new to me.

Resisted the temptation to flick the mono switch on the Accession but the British EQ opened the sound out nicely.

Vocals are a little raw but the simplistic recordings work well and backgrounds silent.

May follow up with sides 3 and 4 which run 1959 to 1968....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 397>
  Share Topic