FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cleaning the stylus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Mine is actually the Nagaoka 152 and not the new 1000; it cost me a tad under £50. I thought that was expensive enough!! No residues that I'm aware of.

Thanks for this. I have to say I am quite tempted . . Embarrassed
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Justin122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:50pm
Usually just use a brush from my vinyl velvet.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Mine is actually the Nagaoka 152 and not the new 1000; it cost me a tad under £50. I thought that was expensive enough!! No residues that I'm aware of.

Thanks for this. I have to say I am quite tempted . . Embarrassed
There are two much, much cheaper options that I've seen on Analogue Seduction's website.  I'll get one for The Girl sometime.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:23pm
I sense that this thread has spread so my reply to the OP may be too late. I use a VP Dust Buster, less messy than the AT liquid and brush I used before.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichieCactus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichieCactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:43pm
+1 for the Onzow (goop).  Works great for me - but my stylus doesn't seem to collect gunk.  Bought it directly from Japan - saved 15% or so.

My newly bought records seem to have more static than my older ones, so probably will look into one of those zapper guns although they seem very expensive.

Rgds
RC

Rega RP8/Cartridgeman MM3/Thorens TD166/AudioMods VI/Accession/Croft RIAA/Arcam A85/Quad 21L
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:42am
I have an old Audio Technica electro brush/pad thingy. 
Been using a drop of isopropyl alcohol on there. 
Seems to work great although I have been warned that the alcohol could dissolve the glue that binds the stylus to the cantalever 😱
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:19pm
"I sense that this thread has spread so my reply to the OP may be too late. I use a VP Dust Buster, less messy than the AT liquid and brush I used before"

And I also have one of those 'ultrasonic' cleaners from the 1980's which I use now and then.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic