FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cleaning the stylus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 7:22pm
If it's any help, I agree with most of the above. I use an RCM (Okki Nokki) and have a 1980's ultrasonic stylus cleaner (Ortofon electro stylus cleaner) I use very month or so. And I use one of those antistatic guns as I turn the record over and before popping it back into a (anti-static) sleeve. I use a carbon fibre stylus brush and the audio-technica cleaning fluid (works well on the CF brush) at the end of the session, and in between records if they sound mucky.

Records can sound wonderful, dirt doesn't.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 06 Sep 2011 at 9:20pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 6:34pm
Also if you have a MC cart it is a good idea to demagnetize it on a regular bases. If you have a MM cart DO NOT demagnetize your cart I use a Aesthetix demagnetizer and it works very well Cheers Doug
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 7:20pm
Does anyone else here dip their stylus (carefully!) into a little pad of "Magic Eraser" ? The little specks of dirt left on the white pad seem to show it's effective.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:49pm
For cleaning the records i use one of these and think it is superb.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nagaoka-CL-1000-Rolling-Record-Cleaner-/290767481573?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b317aae5#ht_2970wt_962
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:51pm
For cleaning the stylus I recently got one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZERODUST-ONZOW-JAPAN-STYLUS-CLEANER-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-SHIPPING-FROM-EU-COUNTRY-/230844902009?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bf6daa79#ht_1601wt_689
So far I'm pleased with it.
Ifor
=====
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 9:02am
Wow! The Nagaoka roller's become expensive! I remember it the first time round . . .  ICL1P - do you find there's any residue left on the records? (I presume not, but . . . ).

And I used the Onzow gloopy pad until I discovered the Magic Eraser . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 11:39am
Mine is actually the Nagaoka 152 and not the new 1000; it cost me a tad under £50. I thought that was expensive enough!! No residues that I'm aware of.
Ifor
=====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic