FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What Headphones Do You Use With Your Slee?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
Paul P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:06pm
That's interesting , how do you think the A.K.G 701 compare to the Sennheiser HD 650 ? and is there a notable difference between the 701 and the Q 701 ? Many thanks.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 4:14pm
The K701 is an acquired taste and one that requires long hours of burn-in, at least based on my listening experience. I also found that the early examples sound better than the later ones.

As far as sound I have never cared for the HD650 so IMO the K701 is a better sounding can. However the HD580/600 sound better than the HD650 and are a nice compliment to the K701.
Miguel
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:36pm
From the headphones that I've tested with the Bitzie, my order is...

1st place - HD250II Star Clap ---->  Absolute transparency. With enough driving power, simply excellent.
2nd place - HD600 Smile Stern Smile ----> Coloured upper bass reduces openness, masks detail and reduces dynamic impact.
3rd place - K550 Geek Ermm ---> Frequency response & openness are good, lacks dynamic impact, treble lacks realism.
4th place - ATH-M50 Disapprove Thumbs Down ----> Lacks openness due to closed-in sound. Bass emphasis masks detail.

Edited by Nuance_Ember - 03 May 2013 at 9:06pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
MarkPhelps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkPhelps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:35pm
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650, and I have to say they are amazing. Sounds quality is excellent and they are very wearable over long listening sessions.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:48pm
Stop me if you've heard this one before:

LCD-2 and HD280

I had a pair of Jecklin Floats but donated them to Hifi Sound
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
marshmid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:14pm
An old Grado SR60 and a recent purchase of an AKG 550.

Find AKG 550 uncomfortable and sound only OK.
So I'm dissatisfied with the recent purchase  and looking for something better. I need to search this forum for headphone experiences.

Beyer DT880's are a possibility?

Marsh

mitch65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by marshmid marshmid wrote:

An old Grado SR60 and a recent purchase of an AKG 550.

Find AKG 550 uncomfortable and sound only OK.
So I'm dissatisfied with the recent purchase  and looking for something better. I need to search this forum for headphone experiences.

Beyer DT880's are a possibility?

Marsh

Well, I was close to shooting myself trying to choose a pair. I ended up with the AKG K701s which I found very bass light, although to be fair they do require many, many hours to get to there best. Anyway, they went back because my other half didn't like the leakage so I bought the AKG K551s which I am really enjoying, better bass response and very little leakage (everyones's happy). At the end of the day if you are buying blind (which was the case with me) it will always be a lottery Cry
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic