FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Solo Ultra Linear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 9:07pm
The posts about speaker placement and the 685's are now in a new thread:

Pleaes continue to use this thread for the Solo Ultra Linear.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 31 Dec 2011 at 9:29pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:37pm

Any more reviews of the Solo Ultra Linear would be welcome. We may need a new, separate thread for the Diamond edition of the Solo Ultra Linear.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:09am
Robert borrowed it as well as the Novo and compared them in the USA Loaner program.
Miguel
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by mrarroyo mrarroyo wrote:

Robert borrowed it as well as the Novo and compared them in the USA Loaner program.

Thanks Miguel, I posted a reply to that and forgot - doh!

Jon

LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 3:18pm
I was originally going to post a review in the Music that has Impressed
me but thinking about it I was aware that I had been impressed with what I was hearing over the last few nights(different cds each time).
It couldn't be just the music could it?Well no because I have always enjoyed my music that's why I buy it.It had to be something other than the music,the headphones possibly but I have had them for most of the year and they have sounded good for the last few months The only thing it could be is the headphone amp It has taken some time to burn in but CHUFF ME was it worth waiting for,and does it sound good no it sounds chuffing excellent.I am now hearing things I hadn't noticed before,the sound has really filled out and there is a richness to the sound and everything sounds so musical.Bass is as it should be without being overpowering vocals clear and concise,i could go on but I think you get the picture.
This headphone amp is some serious piece of kit and worth every penny at last I can sit back and really enjoy my headphone listening.
the headphone amp a SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION and in conclusion I can only say THANK YOU GRAHAM and every body at GSP
As I am composing this I am listening to ENYA singing ADESTE FIDELES
and it sounds absolutely SUPERB
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
Bradders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 12:36pm
Well its been a few weeks now and after lots of initial testing I changed the Grado PS500's for the Audeze LCD 2's and sat and listened.
The overall system I now have to my ears at least is absolutely awesome.Its that good that when I asked the wife to have a quick listen I didn't get control of my stuff back for 40mins even then it was a struggle.ShockedShocked
The LCD 2's are great and definitely an upgrade from the PS500's with more high end detail.I must thank Morris_Minor for the advice there you were spot on.WinkClapClap

Now the Solo ULDE now I've had some time to let it settle in and now I have experience with the LCD's I feel that I can comment on the difference between this and my Novo amp.I think the Novo is a great entry level amp and it now resides downstairs in living room awaiting some closed back cans.
The difference between the two is immense from my point of view,backing singers suddenly go from making some contribution to having tone and expression to their voices.Everything is more lively, not an upturn in high frequencies just more detail.Old music you haven't listened to now has more vibrance which then makes you go through you collection again. Hours fly by with I wonder how this one will sound etc.Then there's the clarity to the lower frequecys the BBBB B the bass is so crisp.
I would definitely recommend going from the Novo to the Solo ULDE without any hesitation it is from my ears point of view night and day,as the Novo was the same step up from my headphone output on my Arcam amp.SmileSmileSmile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 5:42pm
I think that's a good comparison Brad. Your wife's not alone in that reaction! Whenever I listen to my Solo UL and LCD-2's they put a smile on my face and a quick check often turns into a listening session.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic