FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Flat setting for digitizing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
I'm a bit late to this thread . . .  I leave the Accession EQ set to RIAA and record at 48/16 (which I find just fine for my vinyl rips and video soundtracks). I've no experience of VinylStudio software though - sorry.  I just take the output from my ADC (a Lexicon I-O22) and record into Twisted Wave for Mac, and sometimes Adobe Audition, adjusting the levels with the Accession's variable output and occasionally tweak the balance with the Lexicon's L-R level controls. 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:33pm
Thanks, Bob. I tried my setup at 48 which works just fine. For 96 and 192 it appears I have to figure out some setting on the mac to enable it to read those. I'm using VinylStudio on this first project and then I'll try some other software and decide which will be my long term solution.

Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:50pm
Quote I have to figure out some setting on the mac to enable it to read those.

Check my last post on the previous page that may help.
Tony G
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:59pm
Thank, Tony. That's exactly where I've been trying to fix this. I haven't quite hit on the total solution yet. Still trying different settings, and seeing what works. It has to be something with this setting. Fingers crossed I get it figured out.
Kory

Hana ML, Zu/Denon 103 Mk. II, Ortofon 2M Black, Accession MM/Elevator EXP/PSU-1 Enigma/Lautus interconnects, Apogee Duet II, SOTA Nova, CJ 17LS2, Adcom 7805, VTL MB 300 Deluxe, Infinity IRS Beta
Kory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 1:23am
I am following up with some subsequent experiences in ripping vinyl. After trying the Schitt Jill, which in and of itself seemed to work just fine, I decided to try a different adc/dac that could play files as well as record. After some looking around I bought an Apogee Duet II. I really like it. I am recording at 96/24 through the Pure Vinyl application, but can choose 48, or 192 if I wish. I've tried all the variables: flat setting out of the Accession and then adding RIAA in the digital domain with Pure Vinyl; regular RIAA out of the Accession and using no further compensation in Pure Vinyl; and running straight into Pure Vinyl bypassing the Accession altogether and then adding RIAA in Pure Vinyl(which is Pure Vinyl's strong recommendation.) The best sound was #2: just let the Accession do the RIAA and don't add anything later. And the sound is really very, very good. At least I'm really happy. I love that there is a second set of outputs on the Accession, so it's easy to just send the signal to my little Duet, and from there into my computer and preamp for recording and listening to what I'm getting. Sweet little setup. My next experiments will be to compare 96 to 192 and see if I can tell any differences. 
Kory

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:36am
It's great you're getting good results from your setup, Kory! That second output on the Accession makes keeping it hooked up for recording and listening so easy! Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic