FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

First post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
portway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First post
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:05am
Hi, I returned to vinyl some months ago and I am running a Pink Triangle LPT with an RB300, heed power supply and a Dynavector XX-2/2 MC cartridge. I have built an MC transformer with Sowter transformer s and am very happy with it. My current phono stage is the cheap but good Schiit Mani device. I also have a L*nn LP12 but (heresy) prefer the LPT by a wide margin. Could I please have suggestions as to which of the Graham Slee phono stages will give me a substantial improvement over the Mani. Thanks
Tony
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:17am
If you participate in the loan scheme by contacting the coordinator member for your country (Fatmangolf), you can trial any Graham Slee product in your home for two weeks for just the postage money and the return postage money. That way, you can do a direct comparison.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:13am
Welcome to the forum. My only advice is to purchase the best phono stage you can afford. It will let your current gear sing, and survive any upgrades you may make in the future.
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 6:39am
Welcome to the forum, do browse around here and fire off any questions that you may have, or make any other contribution that you may wish.  Grahams articles are good reading too.

I use a DV XX2 MkII (amongst other cartridges) and have found that I prefer the Elevator Exp with my Accession MM phono to any SUT I have yet tried. (and I have tried a few, including the A23)
For that level of cartridge, I might suggest the Reflex as a minimum to make the most of your cartridge.
You could borrow the Exp at the same time and compare that to your SUT also.

Edited by tg - 15 Mar 2018 at 6:43am
Tony G
portway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:12am
Thanks for the information. I am wondering however how that combination would compare to the Accession MC version phono as this would simplify connections and power supplies too.
Tony
portway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
I am very interested in trying the Accession MM and possibly the Elevator for maybe a later upgrade. Purchases however will depend on me selling my LP12 with OL arm on ebay. That shouldn't be too difficult though. So how do I apply for loaner units?
Regards
Tony Perring
Tony
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:53am
Next to everybodies username (to the left of each post) is a drop down menu.

Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List

Find a post by Fatmangolf and click his dropdown menu. Select Send Private Message which opens the messenger already addressed to Fatmangolf.

In the Subject: field type "Loaner Program"

In the Message: box type your request - the products you'd like to audition.

Hit Send Private Message, and wait for a response.

Jon AKA Fatmangolf will reply as soon as he can. Bear in mind that he has a day job and sometimes has to travel, or might be playing golf, so might not answer right away.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic