FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Exact Audio Copy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
I have had some success getting what I want.
Chris your suggestion gave me a track filename as you specified, but I actually wanted it to be just the Track Title so I reduced it to just %title%
However I wanted the other Tags you list added to the MP3 and managed that with other settings as shown in the pics. I am still 'learning' what does what so I might still have some duplication or unwanted entries on these screens, I will refine them on future rips.
The only failures I had were the albumartist and genre tags did not fill. Not sure why.Confused

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:32pm
That is not where I said you should put it.
It should be put where I said

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
The Command Line you have altered probably looked like this before you started

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
The full Command Line thing is this string

-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 10:33am
Thanks for the additional information.
I did alter the Filename to your string and it did do as I said. I have since reset it to just %title% as in attached.
Your command line string looks very comprehensive, I will give that a go and see what it gives me.
Have you learnt these commands from some particular source?

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:12pm
The way I set the filename commands up came about because I spent a bit of time working out how I was going to rip my large CD collection and keep it manageable.

The string I posted that is in EAC options automatically directs things so that things occur in a logical manner.
So it goes to the location that's set, and looks for an Artist folder. If there is no folder for the Artist it creates one.
Next up it looks for an Album folder. If there is no folder for the Album it creates one.
Lastly is writes the individual track files with a 2 digit number first (01-99), inserts space/-/space, then follows up with the track Title.

I played around with a few different software media players and ended up with the rip scheme having the best results with all of them.

I switched to using dBPoweramp a long time ago.
It has a nicer, more intuitive interface, goes about its business faster than EAC, and has a whole host of other functions.
The results are the same as with EAC, but there's a lot less faffing about.

BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
I'd second the use of dBPoweramp AccurateRip, after trying all sorts (MediaMonkey, WMA, iTunes etc..) I switched some years ago. I find it just simply does what it should and provides excellent rips which can be compared to a database for accuracy just to reassure you. Add Foobar for file management and you have everything you need.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic