FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Elevator+Reflex M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TarekMahmoud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TarekMahmoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevator+Reflex M
    Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:23pm
I received today the Reflex M and I have immediately removed the Amp2. What a difference! But what a huge difference. I read before in some reviews that you have to wait for 2 weeks to reach the perfection. I don't know how much it will get better in 2 weeks time, but I will let you know. The combination of Elevator and Reflex M "rocked my socks off". The music/vocals coming out of my Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 are detailed, expressive and wide. The tempo is perfect and I can hear distinctly and clearly the beauty of every instrument. This is a quick reaction to the joy you brought to someone who likes the music and like the majority of the people can't afford equipments that cost thousands, but I can confirm from my own experience which had begun few years ago with the amp2 se that the 3 deserved each penny I paid for them and more because they are equivalent if not better than many I heard in the show rooms and cost many thousands. 
oldagetraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldagetraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 10:44pm
I have the same combination Tarek, if you think it's good now you will be in for a very pleasant surprise once they're fully "run in"! It'll really sock your rocks off.Smile
Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TarekMahmoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:17pm
I'll let you know in 2 weeks Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TarekMahmoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:35pm
I forgot to say that the sources are:
Avid Diva SP2, SME 309, Lyra Delos, my faithful NAD c356bee and Furutech Alphaline 1cables. For my CD player I am using for the last 3 years Onkyo C-S5VL which I had compared it to audiolab 8200cd and I decided that the differences were very minimal to pay about 600 euro more. Smile
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:56am
Thank you Tarek! You typify "our target customer" - the type of person we work so very hard for. I hope our products continue to give you satisfaction over the years.

Most people here are similar in this respect. People who want great involving sound reproduction like this. In fact, I'm sure everyone on planet earth who really likes music would be the same, but sadly most of them will never find out about us.

The reason? Well, you only have to look at the Dublin high-end show. The very product you bought - the Reflex M - was hidden! Yes, hidden behind a massive turntable by... our own UK distributor! (he's called "Boris" on this forum). His excuse? He'd taken too small a rack to the show...

But what stole the show? Our tiny little insignificant Proprius monoblock amps (not insignificant in sound I must add - and being driven by the hidden Reflex M!). But that was only because of a faux-pas. The star amps being promoted were the Electrocompaniet monoblocks. You can't blame him going after the big profit earners I guess.Ermm

There was a time when negative marketing worked. It was however around 2000 years ago, when Jesus said "be sure to tell nobody about the miracle I just did". His fame spread so rapidly, most people on the planet will have heard of him by now - yes, even those who don't know where milk comes from Wink

Unfortunately I don't have 2000 years. Unfortunately the showrooms go for big profit. Unfortunately the dealers dilute us by advertising 70% margin products as being the equivalent of ours! And as for the onliners, you wouldn't notice we were there unless you were searching for us by name.

Obviously you and others had been searching for, in this case, a phono preamp to do your record collection justice. You are the lucky ones who stumbled upon me. The unlucky ones bought somebody else's preamp, but they won't be missing anything because they don't know about me, period.

So, it's about us marketing ourselves, because most of our agents simply don't.

As comedian Keith Harris said "You can't beat bum, tit and toilet jokes" after ditching Orville and doing the rounds of Butlin's. And Keith makes his fortune out of that. Likewise anything that sounds rude will. Do you also realise that bullsh*t sells extremely well? Could you trust somebody who advertises their ancestors were doing electronics hundreds of years before Edison discovered electronics? Well, Tarek and all here reading this, around ten times the number of customers we have do!

So I will make a little request now: would all who value our work please tell at least one other person interested in involving "rock your socks off" sound, about us?

Thank you.

Graham

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 7:24pm
I posted a link on Facebook some time agoSmile

And I drop your name whenever I can, as they say "Every little helps"?

Regards

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 5:59pm
Hi I'm new to this forum my name is Doug. I have been using the Reflex M and the Elevator EXP for over a year and just love the sound. The wife and I tried many differant phono stages before we tried the Grahm Slee.A little backround we have Martin Logan Vantage speakers Simaudio W5.3 power amp McIntosh C2200 tubed pre amp Pro-Jects 10.1 turntable withe Benz micro SLR Gullwing cart and Cardas Clear and Golden ref cables. Just last week we brought in a friends McIntosh C2300 tubed pre amp with MC phono stage. Well we unpluged the C2200 and the Grahm Slee phono stage and gave it a listen.We played it for a few hours to get a fell for the sound. We then went back to my set up and WOW what a differance. The Grahm Slee sounded so much better the highs were so much better and the bass was well just like we turned up the volume.Sowhat I guess I'm trying to say is we love the sound we are getting from our Grahm Slee phono pre amps Cheers Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic