FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Elevator EXP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
captain scarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:28am
I am using a Fanfare 3 with PSU.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm
Got you now.  So you want to evaluate the Sugden + Elevator vs fanfare in to an auxiliary input.

Can’t recall a comparison before so will be interesting to hear your findings.

Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 7:00am
I want to compare the Sudgen phono stage and Elevator against Elevator and Reflex as well of which I would think will come out tops.Will not have to test the Fanfare 3 as it is my usual phono.I think Gram says not to make comparisons of two different products but I need to hear if the Sudgen mm stage is any good before I commit to buying the Elevator.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 10:25am
From cost how about accession MC?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 11:45am
Sugden? Safer for me to keep out of this discussion Wink
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 8:00am
Oh no ,Google-bot,  now you are worrying me . what is the matter with the Sugden IA4 ? I know it runs a bit hot and sometimes does funny things when you plug or unplug something into the same power board without turning it off. It sounds good to me . Have left it on for days accidentally and the only thing noticeable was I did not need a heater on.Please, impart your knowledge on me, a mere mortal from the great realms of East Durham (via Brisbane).
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:36am
I am not faulting Sugden products in any way. But after a fall out with Tony 20 years ago, and what followed, I feel that any public comment I make involving Sugden either way might reopen old wounds.

Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic