FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Elevator EXP experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Annie Lennox and me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Lennox and me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 9:46pm
Thanks Richard/Bob, that is very helpful advice.
Paul

Elevator EXP, CuSat50, Spatia Links
reflectingpool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reflectingpool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:24am
I recently tried out the Elevator EXP as well, through the US loaner program. When i first plugged it in and dropped the needle, I thought, "oh no, it sounds like mid-tier digital." After 24 hours of being powered on, it was dramatically better. After a few more days and more listening, I was really happy. I could finally see what my Zephyr MIMC was supposed to sound like since the recommended loading is above 450ohm which my previous step up transformer couldn't accommodate it. I also tried the Elevator with a Denon 103D that's been retipped with a microridge stylus. The Elevator definitely brings out more of the bass and midrange to round out the music than my Cinemag SUT.

The real shocker however, was the CuSat 50. Bruce sent me the interconnect along with the Elevator. I didn't really expect to use it since I was happy with my various DIY solid silver interconnects. I decided to give it a shot after a couple of days. I swapped out the longest of my pairs of interconnects and plugged the CuSat between my tube phono preamp and amp. Oh man, I didn't expect it would make such a positive difference to the tonal balance! It added back bass and midrange to the music. I didn't realize how far I'd gone to the "hi-fi" end of the spectrum in search of detail and lost the "musicality" in my music! Now I'm in the market for the Lautus interconnects potentially as well as the Elevator. The wallet is hurting.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 12:36pm
Ah, the pain in the wallet! 

It's good to know Elevator and CuSat are working well for you, Daniel . . . Thumbs Up

I was a real cable sceptic until I decided to try Graham's offerings. After you get some Lautus, try the Spatia speaker cable. This really let my PMCs off the lead. . . ShockedBig smile
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 1:59pm
When you do get your own Exp, try a 1K ohm load for your Denon 103.

Tony G
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic