FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Earth hum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frank Furter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Furter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earth hum
    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm
I use a Reflex M with my turntable (Pink Triangle LPT VX with Funk Firm FXR tonearm). Very occasionally I get earth hum when I switch on my integrated amp (Arcam FMJ A19). This can happen if I move the Reflex M slightly. Usually a jiggle of the earth wire (connected to the rear of the Reflex M) will solve the problem, sometimes I need to unscrew it and then reattach it. Sometimes a jiggle of the wire seems to cure the fault. I think, it's hard to tell sometimes which action has done the trick. Incidentally, if I disconnect the earth wire the hum goes away. So I'm thinking the possible problem areas could be: the Reflex M, the earth posts, the earth wire itself, the turntable end of things, the tonearm wiring. Any thoughts on how I go about eliminating the possibilities?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 5:34pm
Reading "A comprehensive re-working of the industry standard Rega arm", it might be wired the same way, which means you don't need the separate earth wire connection.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Frank Furter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Furter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 5:39pm
Thank you, Graham.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic