FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

diy upgrade of Era Gold V to Reflex M?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aunitedlemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aunitedlemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diy upgrade of Era Gold V to Reflex M?
    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:02pm
Hello all. I'm a very happy owner of a Era Gold V and recently read a rumor over on the Steve Hoffman forums that there is a "do-it-yourself" option to upgrade the Era Gold V to a Reflex M. Is there any truth to this? I briefly searched the forums here and saw no mention of such. If this is a possibility, I have some questions-
How much is the kit and where do I order?
Is there any soldering required?
Does the kit include a new "Reflex" faceplate for the box or does the preamp become an Era Gold V w/ a very special secret inside?

Thank you for anytime you put towards these queries. I apologize if I haven't searched well enough and missed the available information elsewhere.

Cheers, and happy listening.
Stay lovable!
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:26pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
aunitedlemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunitedlemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 12:01am
patientot, You are proving to be a good friend to have in audio! 

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Stay lovable!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic