FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

directional interconnects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: directional interconnects
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:18pm
Has anyone got a interconnect that,s massively directional as mine.
Is this the case because I have had it hooked up to the seem system the same way for the last 16 years. Sound average for price paid one way but fantastic the other.
Cable is a metre pair of sonic link violets ( titanium cores ) bought in 1997 for £90.
any thoughts !
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:36am
Michael, I'm pleased you've discovered this. Now think about it from an engineering point of view where one is trying to discern the minute differences between design modifications in the development of a new product - for example a phono stage.

Do you think the designer is going to get the results he's working on by using a cable which exhibits a better sound in one direction than the other - the wrong way round?

Obviously not!

Once he's completed his design work, would you think he'd think "I'm keeping this to myself" or "I must tell others about this"?

In my case I decided to tell others about it even realising that I'd be ridiculed by the 'scientists' and 'engineers' on other forums.

Some people get good results from my product designs - some people get staggering results from the same products.

Wouldn't you think they should all get staggering results? I certainly do considering the pains I have gone through!

So, perhaps if people simply (and secretly of course . . . ) swapped their interconnect's directions about they may have a better time.

You've certainly found that. I hope others do too!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic