FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 5:16pm
 As soon as I got home from the charity shop I made sure both CDs played and then put them in the plastic sleeves I have so now they won't get scratched pulling them in & out of  carboard.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 5:56pm
Yes you'll enjoy the music for years to come. Interesting about the shop selling more cd's now.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:01pm
I just thought I'd let you know.
Friday I go the Pr*- je** CD player, a CD Box DS3. As most of you know I was wanting a warmer sound from my CD playing, I've only let it burn in for just under a day and so far so good. I'm getting what I wanted and a bit more bass, the higher frequency are a lot less harsh too. I'm having a few problems with it as It won't read a CD first time, but on the 2nd time of loading it does, I'm going to see if this persists and if so I will contact the shop. I will see if this happens with the same CD in my old player first.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I just thought I'd let you know.
Friday I go the Pr*- je** CD player, a CD Box DS3. As most of you know I was wanting a warmer sound from my CD playing, I've only let it burn in for just under a day and so far so good. I'm getting what I wanted and a bit more bass, the higher frequency are a lot less harsh too. I'm having a few problems with it as It won't read a CD first time, but on the 2nd time of loading it does, I'm going to see if this persists and if so I will contact the shop. I will see if this happens with the same CD in my old player first.

Unless it's some sort of weird disc, that definitely shouldn't happen with any brand new CD player. Hopefully you get that issue resolved.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:27pm
I agree with patientot - ordinary CDs should not have any issues being read, and if the player is having problems reading discs I suggest taking it back to the place you got it from.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Unless it's some sort of weird disc, that definitely shouldn't happen with any brand new CD player. Hopefully you get that issue resolved.

Just this min after your post I loaded another CD and it read It OK, but I will see if it persists. This CD player only plays RED BOOK CDs, not a problem for me as I don't have any SACDs and if I did or had CD-R or RW I can alwaya play them on my old player as I am keeping it just in case I do decide to get into computer audio, that's a big if mind you. but you never know!!
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:42pm
If you had SACD discs the likelihood is they'd be hybrid discs, so the CD layer should play without issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>
  Share Topic