FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

CD Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 55>
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Hi David
I'm going to look into Auto creation secure rip logs, that is good idea. Thanks for telling me.

Here's how you get to it:

Green Menu Button > CD Ripper Options > Secure Settings > Scroll down > Secure Extraction Log > Check both boxes.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

downloaded Exact Audio Copy after 10 CDs I found one to configure but before I could do it the CD pops out of the writer this happens all the time so I tried a rip with Power2Go 8 (this came with the Asus writer) but with this I could only rip to WAV, But it did work. Now I have checked the writer and it says it's OK. So now I don't know where to go, I would be happy with a WAV rip but I like the idea that EAC checks out from a data base so I get the best quality.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong? 
After a clean reinstall of Windows10 on my ageing laptop, I've been reinstalling various programmes (are they called apps these days?) and ran into the same problem when trying to configure EAC - every time it would eject the CD, tell me to insert a CD then promptly eject that one. After  a little reading, I found that it expected the CD to be present in the drive BEFORE opening EAC. Not what I would have expected but when I did just that it calibrated and now works just like it says on the tin!
Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:05pm
David
thanks for the info on how to get, All done.
I will be buying dBpoweramp as I find it vary easy to use and that for me makes it worth it plus I have had no issues with it so far and the music converter will come in use full as I have found out that my car audio only reads mp3 files and windows WMA (I think that's what it's called) and can only be read from a CD or USB stick, I read the info wrong on my car audio or it was for a more up to date model, Sill mp3 is good enough for the car.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:35am
I can highly recommend dbpoweramp have used it for years, as I have ripped all my CD's and put them in the garage.

I do have a NAS so I rip my cd's to uncompressed flac to get the advantaged of metadata and play them through a Raspberry Pi (controversial maybe Smile) as digital tends to be my background listening.

I also use the converter features of dbpoweramp to sort our metadata and naming for downloads for vinyl purchases as well, especially if you are luck enough to find a label/artist who give you wav files.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:49pm
Going back to how this post started< I was reading on the YouGov website about what age group is still buy and listen to CDs and that is 53% are 55 years and over, Just 6% of 16-25s. It also said that just 6% of over 55s follow the charts and that 15% say that the music industry is changing for the better. one thing that stood out for me was that only 14% of over 55s who use CDs are also streaming, only 33% regard CDs as their main method of accessing music and 18% felt that CDs were too expensive.
On this CDs are too expensive I remember when I got my 1st CD and that was Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms and I paid £10 for it and now for new CDs I am paying £9-£10 and some times £11 from small independent record shops, Now we all know that small record shops find it hard to make money so I don't think paying that as being too much of a bad thing, if you took inflation into account what would CDs cost now?

Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:39pm
Brothers In Arms was my first CD as well, Jonathan. Can’t remember how much it was. However, I remember buying Dire Straits - Alchemy on CD soon after (around 1987) and that was £22. A lot of money when you’re a 13 year old earning £5.70 a week from a paper round.
L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:20am
Tim 
Alchemy is a 2 CD album so £22 was about right I think that's what I paid for it, it does ring a bell.
I wonder in to day money what that is?
I also had a paper round.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 55>
  Share Topic