FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cartridge recommendation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:36am
Not that many Kevin - the Ortofon Cadenza Blue, which is a superbly detailed MC but can
sound a touch bright in the wrong system. It suits the Audiomods 6 arm & Elevator/ReflexM 
pair really well.
The AN IQ3 is a serious contender too I have to say.
Good luck.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:27am
Thanks again for the feedback.
More investigation is required, and when this COVID-19 is over, I may see if I can get a bit of a bake off with a few cartridges to narrow the choices down.

My other option is to just enjoy what I have for the time being, and stop chasing the next upgrade.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:41pm
I think I have decided that a new set of speakers will be more beneficial than a small improvement a cartridge would give me.
Kevin
MS61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MS61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:47pm
Thank you very much, gentlemens! Very interesting thread for undecided newcomer. I just closed my loan (thx, Kevin!) and realized that I "need" not only new phono pre. :-) GS Accession is very fine but needs good companion. I believe AN IQ3 is more than serious contender. Audio Note wrote IQ is in stock and "will indeed work well in your ATP-12T tonearm." I´m looking forward to real price quatation by Czech distributor.

Michal
Technics SP15 / Audiomods 6 / SH-15B3 plinth / Audio Technica AT 150 Sa / Accession M / Genelec 8030 + RME ADI-2 Pro ADDA
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:45pm
Speakers! Tremendous! Any ideas so far? Plenty of PMC lovers around here - they really seem to love being driven by my Proprius pair. Keep us posted!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:48pm
I am thinking Triangle Antal EZ.
Kevin
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 12:07am
Oh, nice! I’ve always admired their accuracy to tone colour and way with voices. Sadly, no decent dealers anywhere near me, so they couldn’t be a part of my last audition process. The few times I’ve heard that brand, I’ve Ben super impressed with their ability to give me loads of detail as to what the musicians are doing on a micro level.
Enjoy!
Mick. 
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic