FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cables for AT-LP120

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silviu Preda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silviu Preda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cables for AT-LP120
    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
Hi all,

I want to purchase an amplifier (the Proprius monoblocs) and I was wondering what cables would i be able to use to connect my AT-LP120 to it.

I must mention the AT-LP120 will not stay in the setup for too long, so even though the Proprius might seem overkill for now, it won't be in the not-so-far future.

Thank you!

Edited by Silviu Preda - 14 Dec 2020 at 1:27pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 2:41pm
Lautus XLR to Phono Interconnect Cable
RCA/phono male XLR

https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/interconnects-cables/lautus-interconnect.html

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silviu Preda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:10am
Hi Graham,

Thanks for looking into this, but those don't seem to solve my issue. Or i am as thick as concrete and I am missing something
Please refer to the "Outputs" section of this document, to see what is available on the AT deck.

Thank you again
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Silviu Preda Silviu Preda wrote:

Hi Graham,

Thanks for looking into this, but those don't seem to solve my issue. Or i am as thick as concrete and I am missing something
Please refer to the "Outputs" section of this document, to see what is available on the AT deck.

Thank you again

You need to connect the lead Graham shows to the phono sockets on the rear panel of the deck. Labelled 4 on the attached extract of the manual. 

Edited by BackinBlack - 15 Dec 2020 at 9:24am
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silviu Preda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:38am
Hi, thanks for your reply, but that's not the case for my LP120, it does not have the outputs described in that manual.

Mine is like this:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/536206/Audio-Technica-At-Lp120-Usb.html?page=4#manual

It has a direct cable coming out, with male RCA connectors, that's it. 

Hence my issue....

Any thoughts?

Edited by Silviu Preda - 15 Dec 2020 at 9:55am
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 11:24am
I see, that explains the reference to leads in the earlier link you posted. In that case what you need is either a new lead with phono sockets rather than plugs or a phono socket/phono socket adaptor. Something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-2-x-RCA-Phono-Coupler-Female-to-Female-Audio-Video-Connector-Adaptor-GOLD/351256271411?hash=item51c8815a33:g:MwEAAOSwb3laAFwr
The latter would be preferable as the main interconnect would then be "Standard" rather than a special that would not fit standard turntable or phono amp sockets.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 11:45am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic