FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cable size

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
FAT2BIKER View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAT2BIKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable size
    Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 8:37pm
Hi
What is the size of the speaker wire, eg 4mm, 2mm etc.
Thanks 
Dave
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:02pm
Does it really matter, surely it is what it sounds like that matters.I am guessing it will take what ever current your amplifier can provide.
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
FAT2BIKER View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAT2BIKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 12:04pm
Thanks Stuart
But what I wanted to know was the size of the bare wire in the Spatia cables.
If it is 2mm then it only needs a 2mm hole in the binding post, if it is 8mm it will need an 8mm hole ETC.
As I can fit the cables bare I don't need plugs or spades.
Cheers
Dave
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 12:16pm

Dave,

now that I understand your question to relate to Spatia cables, I suggest you send a PM to 

John C who makes the cables and ask if they can be supplied unterminated and if so the dimensions of the wire core.

Tony G
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 12:56pm
Wire-ended they will be supplied fitted with "bootlace ferrules" diameter approx. 1.7mm

Edited by Graham Slee - 05 Nov 2015 at 1:11pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 10:51pm
Hi good luck with the cables. In my experience a terminated cable tends to sound better than a bare cable, significantly so with a high quality plug. I Have also found that the bananas I use sounded a lot better again than the same brand of spade. They aren't necessarily cheap but have found them more reliable as if the cable is crimped there is less to oxidise.

Richard
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 11:21pm
I see that Grahams' reply has confirmed a crimped bootlace ferrule - so this will be a professionally terminated cable which should satisfy both Daves' question and his requirements
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic