FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Burn-in revisited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Ctearpak Ctearpak wrote:

The fact that these are hand made by people who know what they're doing and are very active in the community built around the products is a major reason that I was attracted to the company. The reviews didn't hurt, either :)
^^ Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Ctearpak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ctearpak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:33pm
I mean, you have to be doing something right to have this many fans!
Now I need to decide if I want it in Silver or Black :)
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 10:00pm
Mine are all silver. Five silver boxes of delight. They look great together!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ctearpak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ctearpak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 11:58pm
Yes, I am leaning toward silver as well, since my turntable is white... Too bad Rega doesn't make a silver PSU :)
Clambake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clambake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:30am
I got the Accenssion on the loaner program and gave it a day to warm up before comparing it to my Conrad Johnson PV2A modified tube phono preamp.  The Accenssion sounded OK but a little srtident and less relaxed than the tube phono.  I was happy I didn't have to spend the money for an new phono.  The next day, I asked my wife to listen to both and compare them.  She picked the second one, the Accenssion.  "You just lost 1500." I told her, but I agreed.  After two days, it sounded much better than the CJ.  More dynamic, larger sound stage and more detail.  I full body experience.  I had ordered a Schiit phono preamp and it arrived yesterday and it's warming up now, but I don'thave high hopes it can compete with the Accenssion.  The Accenssion has more gain than the CJ and so it also has more background hiss.  It's been suggested by Bruce that I try the variable gain on the Accesnssion to minimize the hiss and I'll give that a try.  Another thing I like about the Accension is that there are two outputs and I have two integrated amps (one tube and one solid state with their own speakers and I can use the Accenssion for both without moving interconnects.  I have not tried different interconnects yet and may request a little more time to do that.  I've been using the G.S. interconnects that came with the phono so far to the tube amp and love the sound.  I'll give an update in a few more days of listening, but so far it's been a been a great and exciting experience.   
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:42am
Hi Clambake,
   Thanks for the update!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
rockyboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockyboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 5:12am
In my Majestic owners manual it reccomends setting my Proprius volume all the way up and use the Majestic to control the volume. For the life of me I can't figure out why. Appreciate any info.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
  Share Topic