FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Best upgrade proceedure?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

That is something I need to try. The Accession direct into my new amp. The problem is, every time it comes back, someone wants to borrow it, so off it goes for another few weeks. Wink
Perhaps you just need to get yourself in the queue and send yourself an email asking for a loan of the Accession!
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:30pm

That is something I need to try. The Accession M...  The problem is, every time it comes back, someone wants to borrow it, so off it goes for another few weeks. Wink
 I'm having the same problem in the US Loaner program. I can't keep it here for more than a few days!
I may have to send myself a PM! haha, or just tell the next requester they have to wait for the current loaner (me) to send it back.WinkLOL
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
brubacca View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brubacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 1:45am
I'm in similar boat.  Can't decide if I should try Accession MC first, and then see if Reflex C loses much.  Or see if Reflex C will work and sound good then see if Accession is neceassary...  

Decisions, decisions.
Regards,
Charlie
Pennsylvania, USA
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:39pm
If I may suggest that it is a question of will power, the ability to resist temptation. The Reflex C is really good and worth trying first. You may be very happy with that. If you try the AccMC as I did, it is remarkable and you may be able to resist buying your own Charlie. I couldn't and have no regrets about buying one and an Enigma PSU1.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
brubacca View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brubacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 1:23am
Well as my experiment is more about noise filtering and trying to get my TT listenable I ran the whole gamut.  Reflex C, then reflex C with Enigma, then Accession MC.  As I spent most of my time listening for a lack of RF interference (local AM radio station) I only listened a little to actual music.  Although had a little Van Morrison and Dave Matthews band on today and it sounded really good.

But that being said they are in order of price.  The Reflex is really good. Better with Enigma PSU and the Accession MC is again better.  
Regards,
Charlie
Pennsylvania, USA
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:03am

That is something I need to try. The Accession direct into my new amp. The problem is, every time it comes back, someone wants to borrow it, so off it goes for another few weeks. Wink

Today I have found the time to attach the Accession MM directly to my amp.
It looks daft, as the Accession is so small, compared to the Modushop Dissipante 4U case I used to build my amp.

Anyway, this is audio, so who cares how it looks. How does it sound?
Well with my AT20SS on duty, absolutely superb.

The amp has very low distortion levels, so with the Accession driving it you get a very clear sound with very little background noise. It is a very good combination, which is making me consider a change in direction. I am considering changing my DAC for one with a “pre” function and replacing my current pre with an Accession.

Damn you, Mr Slee. Wink

Mrs H is not going to be happy with me.....Ouch

LOL

Edited by CageyH - 04 Apr 2021 at 10:05am
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:54pm

Damn you, Mr Slee. Wink

You're welcome! Thank you. Wink 
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic