FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Become a test drive member!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
errollgarner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errollgarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 5:19am
Hi,

Being the newest member, I guess I won't qualify but if I don't try, no chance.

I'm looking for a somestuff to buy and was considering (after having read tnt-audio) buying from Graham Slees'.

I've done some testing a few years ago and it is always very rewarding (and sometimes a nightmare e.g. comparing and choosing valves, same for cables). The is a hudge difference between the first impression and the one one can have a few days after.

Presently, I almost deaf listening to different copies of the CD "we get requests" :
- ordinary one
- SHM-CD one
- SHM-SACD (single layer) one
- K2-HD Silver
- K2-HD Gold

I'm doing this to try to find what, according to my taste, is worth sending much and what is not.

My equipment :
Korato KVP10 valve preamp (retubed many times, lately with Mullard NOS from the 60's as the Telefunken were, IMHO, to "flat")
Korato KTA100 amp
Audio Exclusiv TT
Alphason HR100-MCS
Grado Sonata low output
SACD layer Yamaha S2000
Speakers : IPL SP5l
Loudspeaker cable : Ecosse (sorry lol) 2.4
Interconnect cables : Chater audio verse 2
Headphone (which needs a amp) : HD 650

I'd be happy to test both on digital and analog recordings and on D2D lp's)

I'm a member of the French forum AMCF forum.

I think it would be nice to have opinion from various countries as we are not "used" to the same sound. I remember that abour 25 years ago, japanese brands didn't tune the samewy their product wether they were for Europe or for Japan. TDK had even designed a K7 specially made to please europen hears (guess it ws the "OD" while the standard one was the "AD".

Well, I can't find any argument except being French (which is more a drawback) and used to different sounds that British people.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:50pm
We accept all. We are for all people.

Please watch out for the next beta test release to be announced on this owners forum. I don't know when and what but there will be something of interest coming.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:45pm
Eagerly awaiting ...
Miguel
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:06pm

Sounds good Graham, I shall keep an eye out.

Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

We accept all. We are for all people.

Please watch out for the next beta test release to be announced on this owners forum. I don't know when and what but there will be something of interest coming.
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:16pm
Hi everybody

I would like participate to, but at the moment we are move to UK. Certainly after move at the end definitely maybe more easy to do it.

Regards to all audiophile community
abjacobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abjacobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:26pm
I'd like to participate and be a test driver....
mal4mac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mal4mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 12:03pm
I'm very new, but please count me in on a provisional basis. I'm happy to give feedback, and my post count should go up when my Novo arrives!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic