FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Become a test drive member!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Become a test drive member!
    Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 2:45am
Ever wanted to take a brand new product for a test drive for free?

Well here's the deal!

On all the forums I've taken part in (Rockgrotto, Head-Fi, Jaben Network - correct me if I'm wrong), members take pride in being trustworthy enough to be able to loan a "beta" tester (a production unit) for a couple of weeks and then pass it on to the next member in the queue.

The rules are that each member in the chain reports on a thread when he/she gets it (usually with pictures of the unit as received), their initial findings, then updates the thread after a couple of days then at each "milepost" of performance change they perceive, up to the point they've had it for a maximum of 2 weeks (less if other members pester enough...)

Usually trusted members are those with at least 100 posts who have shown their commitment to a forum. However, here we are still a foundling community.

How do you think this community should handle beta testers like the new NOVO headphone amp?

Edited by Graham Slee - 27 Jul 2008 at 8:55am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
FritzS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FritzS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2008 at 8:55am
Graham,
I want to test one Smile

Please see PM

Edited by FritzS - 27 Jul 2008 at 8:55am
AKG K812, K872, K712, Q701, K701, K501, K550, K271, Denon AH-D 7000
"Green" SOLO (with LME49860NA), WNA MKII
Marantz SA7001 KI, Philips CD650
Revox B790, G1042, Reflex
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 3:26pm
Hello from sunny Miami Beach, Florida!

Long time since we have exchanged emails. Ideally it should be for long standing memebers of this forum and that have shown a genuine interest in your products and services. Of course by my own words I am kicking myself in the but since I too would love to be a beta tester for the Novo but this being my first post it would be highly unlikely that I would get chosen.

Good luck in your new endeavor!
Miguel
jonclancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonclancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 5:34pm
I'd like to be considered, too!
IvanM View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 12:43am

Hello Graham

I’d love to be a beta tester for anything other than headphone stuff - headphones just aren’t my thing (except for bias setup).

If the testing is to be of value though I wonder what would be used as control.  I ask that because much as I love to ramble on about stuff, I was a bit stumped when I had the Elevator recently.  After a little burn-in it was clear that the Reflex+Elevator combo worked great but I could not think of any practical way of assessing the Elevator.  This was because even though the two MC's I used were known quantities, whatever I heard from them was via the Reflex.  Since I already know that the Reflex could probably make a fist of a matchbox with nail through it, without an alternative product to compare it to, it was impossible to say what the Elevator was doing (other than teeing up the signal for the Reflex). 

Hope that doesn’t sound negative – on the positive side, I do live near JC - John Cadman that is: not the other JC. J

I'd like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 4:40am

Well, I am sure that I live too far away to be of any use in respect of beta testing even if I do have some references for comparison.

Only posted to say thank you to Ivan - even though I do often use headphones, it had never occurred to me to use their natural channel separation to use them to adjust bias - good tip.

WRT to the Exp/Reflex combo, I did at least have the experience of using a SUT with the Reflex which had sounded very acceptable so was immediately able to discern the contribution of the Exp - it was NOT subtle Thumbs%20Up

Edited by tg - 02 Aug 2008 at 4:44am
bassdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 9:44pm
Graham,

If you need anyone, else - I'd be happy to participate.

I'm very interested in the Novo... if... its SQ is as good as the Solo with high impedance phones... and... is better with low impedence phones.

I loved the Solo with my Senns... but... wanted an amp that would drive Grados, ATHs and Denons as well.

Roger
StL, MO  USA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic