FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Balanced Cable Converter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balanced Cable Converter
    Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:46pm
Graham wrote: "I don't mind building a balanced audio converter as a separate item provided there's sufficient interest to warrant its development time and costs, so maybe you all could give me a clue?"

There would be numerous uses for a single-ended to balanced line converter; private consumer, commercial, and profesional use.

Using one you need to make the single-ended connection as short as posible to get the best results.
I imagine it would need a power source, being solid state. This could be a "Y" connection from the PSU1 powering a Graham Slee phono preamp.

Graham is now asking: who would like to have one?
ie, RCA converted to balanced XLR.

Bruce
PS:
A single-ended connection is an unbalanced connection... via RCA, XLR, 1/4" phone plug, or 1950's screw terminals.

Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic