FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Another new member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Scoobydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 11:28am
Hi Derek, I'm also a new member running  an Elex-r and will be interested in how a Reflex m performs against the on board phono stage of the Elex-r!
I had an old GS Gram Amp 2 that I did an A/B comparison with the onboard PS of the Elex-r a few weeks back. The result was very little difference between the two and therefore sold the GS.
My set up is a Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference TT with Pickering XV-15 cartridget direct to the Elex-r with Rega RX3 speakers.
Kindest regards,
Andy.

Edited by Scoobydoo - 09 Jan 2020 at 1:07pm
DT999 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 12:39pm
Hi Andy,
I have to say I find the phono stage in the Elex-R to be very good, I can not hear any real difference using the external Fono stage.
I auditioned 7 or 8 amps in the same sort of price bracket many of them well reviewed, but for me and with my gear the Rega just performed better. 
I really don't know what to expect of the Reflex M, but the beauty of a free loaner program means I can try and see for myself before committing.
Not sure when I will be able to get a loaner, I'm away from home for next couple of weeks and not sure if there is a waiting list.
Are you looking at trying one? If so I'd be interested in your view based on your experience with the Gram Amp and whether there is a significant step up.
Cheers
Derek

Rega Planar 3 > Accession MM / Thorens TD160 > Reflex M > Modwright LS100 tube preamp > Solo ULDE / Proprius > Monitor Audio Silver 500 / 2 x SVS SB1000 subwoofers
Scoobydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 1:13pm
Im pretty sure the Elex-r actually uses the same circuitry as the Rega fono mm so that's probably why you can't hear much of a difference. Can't remember where I read it but I did somewhere lol.
There is definitely a "synergy" thing going on when you have two or more Rega products connected as with some other brands. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has tried the Reflex m against an Elex-r. Yes, I think I will try the loaner program prior to deciding.
All the best Derek!
Andy

DT999 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:46am
I have just received a loaner Reflex-M today for a home trial. Smile

Now I just have to leave it powered up for a 24 - 48 hours before I can see what it does - have to say I am a little impatient to give it a try!

Edited by DT999 - 28 Jan 2020 at 7:47am
Rega Planar 3 > Accession MM / Thorens TD160 > Reflex M > Modwright LS100 tube preamp > Solo ULDE / Proprius > Monitor Audio Silver 500 / 2 x SVS SB1000 subwoofers
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by DT999 DT999 wrote:

I have just received a loaner Reflex-M today for a home trial. Smile

Now I just have to leave it powered up for a 24 - 48 hours before I can see what it does - have to say I am a little impatient to give it a try!

Don't wait.
Just start using it Smile
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:40pm
Hope you enjoy the Reflex. For me it was a game changer. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:30pm
Thanks for joining us and I must say the TD-160 is a really nice turntable to go with your new Reflex.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic