FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Analogue remaster = Analogue original

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

The price reflects the product. They are seen as the best records and I can see they would use the best signal processing and record production for this.

There are companies that put out records that are just as good or better and charge less.

Especially in the last few years, MOFI focused on their One Step series which is MSRP at $125 a pop. You get one album and a worthless box of dead air. They don't even include the original jacket art inside and then they lie about the source used to make the record.
I have few of Abbey Road Studios half speed cutting records and to me they have been better quality, especially the vinyl record itself and better value. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:18pm
I agree with you both about judging records on how the music sounds. The benefit of half-speed remastering was well promoted and l believe it would raise SQ assuming the playback gear is ready. I never believed Mofi had all those master tapes which 'one step' required but they implied that they did... In the cd world I remember the fuss over 24 bit remasters but many had limited dynamic range.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic