FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

albums for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Teesside Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesside Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: albums for sale
    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm
Good afternoon, I am thinning out my album collection (based mainly on number of times played recently) to make room in my boxes for albums purchased this year. Some have been played only 4/5 times, the B B King album is new but he manages to make contact with the mic a couple of times with his mouth which may not bother some. Practically all have been ultrasonically cleaned.
I am really only looking to sell to people who are local to me to avoid postage etc, not looking for much money but I'd sooner give them to charity than entertain the insult offers from certain record shops.
Location is Marton, Middlesbrough TS7 8RR.  

LP's for sale

ARTIST                                 TITLE                             LABEL

Alison Kraus & Union Station              3 disc box set                     Mobile Fidelity

Madeleine Peyroux                         Carless  Love                           Mobile Fidelity

Aimee  Mann                                   Batchelor No. 2                        Mobile Fidelity

Christine Collister                            Love                                         Rega

Mary  Black                                   By The Time it Gets Dark         Vivante

Elgar                                            Enigma Variations Pomp &          Deut. Gramm. Privilege

Circumstance Marches

John Williams in Vienna            Wiener Philharmoniker                  Deutsche Grammophon

John Williams                             Spanish Guitar Favourites           CBS  Master Works

The Robert Cray Band               Bad Influence                              Demon rec. / High Tone

Talking Heads                            Stop Making Sense                     EMI

Tuck & Patti                                Tuck & Patti                                 A & M Records

B B King                                     Live at the Regal                         MCA

Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:48pm
Hi, I'd be interested in Alison Kraus, Robert Cray and  BB King. I'll PM for details.
Thanks
Mike
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 11:28pm
Hi David

That Aimee Mann LP (of which I've also got a copy) should be going for big bucks - see e.g. https://www.discogs.com/release/1259595-Aimee-Mann-Bachelor-No-2-OrLast-Remains-Of-The-Dodo. Ditto (I suspect) your other Mobile Fidelity discs. Worth setting up a Discogs seller account to flog 'em? Thumbs Up
Teesside Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesside Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 11:07am
Thanks very much for the info on Aimee Mann etc but I'm not interested in setting up online accounts on Discogs etc too much hassle for me, just looking to sell to Forum members, cheers.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 7:49pm
David
I agree with you, Some offers I have had from second hand record shops have been to say the lest poor and have ended up giving them to a charity shop that I know sells vinyl, This way I know the charity is getting all the money, I do the same with my old HiFi
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:49pm
Agreed. It's not about the money.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Agreed. It's not about the money.

Absolutely agree - and am somewhat shamefaced about appearing so gung-ho re selling stuff on the forum or elsewhere. Anyone on here punting for Bachelor No.2 will be getting a superb record (Aimee's 2nd-best LP IMLTHO) in an equally superb recording.

At the same time, I think it is worth noting that if any of David's LPs do end up going to charity shops, they should ideally go to ones that know their current market value (e.g. around £200 or more for Bachelor No.2, allegedly) and are able to maximise that to benefit their charities - probably by selling them on Discogs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic