FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

AKG K240 STUDIO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by southall-1998 southall-1998 wrote:

Sounds like a bargain! Which headphone amp did you use through them?

S.

Smartphones, laptops, and a Solo SRGII.

At £30 for a pair they're a steal, but if your tastes veer towards the overly bassy and sat on upper end of Sennheiser HD650s then you might not like 'em.
I prefer my headphones to be tonally neutral, and the AKG K240 tick that box.

I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow some HD650, and it saved me the time and money finding out that that I didn't like them.
Same with the HD700 - they were better than the HD650 in some respects, but ultimately never made it onto my wanted list.
The last Sennheiser headphone I heard that I liked was the HD560 Ovation.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Pwog Pwog wrote:

Hi Chris,

I used to do some studio work, once upon a time and the K240s were used everywhere for monitoring. They do have a nice clarity and realism to them. Enjoy!

Happy New Year!

Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:30am
Got some K240's for £29.99 just shortly after Christmas. Will the Novo have enough power to drive them? Don't have a Novo at the moment. Hence the question. 

S.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:57am
The Novo will be up to the task of driving the K240s Smile

Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 11:52pm
I just found out that Helmut Ryback, one of the engineers behind the development of the K1000, also developed the AKG K240 DF so the reported great sound of this headphone makes sense.
MS61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MS61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:16am
Very happy user of AKG 240 DF here! Still strong after these years (1999). Unobtrusive, neutral, clean and honest sound - but a little bit bass shy. Capable phone preamp recommanded, 2 x 600 Ohms imp. BTW: I found some similarity between 240 DF and GS Accesion I´m just testing (EU Loan Programm).

Michal
Technics SP15 / Audiomods 6 / SH-15B3 plinth / Audio Technica AT 150 Sa / Accession M / Genelec 8030 + RME ADI-2 Pro ADDA
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:30pm
At 600 Ohms, I'd connect them to Graham's Proprius speaker amps. I used them to drive 300 Ohm vintage Sennheisers a few years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic