FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

AKG K240 STUDIO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Humboldt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humboldt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:13pm
For those of you who like to dive deeper into the issue about different headphones sound profiles, I can recommend this site. Curves and measurement don´t say it all about the sound of a headphone, but it is a starting point for comparisons. You can for example see how AKG240 differs from AKG702.

https://www.headphone.com/

Learn > Headroom Labs > Build a Graph

Edited by Humboldt - 08 May 2018 at 12:16pm
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:25pm
I'll probably be disappointed with either. Might just stick with what I've got. Guess I shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:42am
So, I have a set of AKG K240s that I bought years ago (more than 20) and they have monitor written on the sides, not studio. They were made in Austria. I can’t find any information on them. Does anyone know if these are the same as the 240 studio?
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Graham, How are you getting on with the K240's?

S.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:29pm
Bought a pair of these for my son for Christmas, and I like them so much I've just bought another pair for myself.
They're astonishingly good, and currently under £30 on Amazon.

Their hearthrough clarity and midband lucidity are something to behold, and that's straight from the box.
Heartily recommended from these quarters Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

Bought a pair of these for my son for Christmas, and I like them so much I've just bought another pair for myself.
They're astonishingly good, and currently under £30 on Amazon.

Their hearthrough clarity and midband lucidity are something to behold, and that's straight from the box.
Heartily recommended from these quarters Big smile

Sounds like a bargain! Which headphone amp did you use through them?

S.
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
Hi Chris,

I used to do some studio work, once upon a time and the K240s were used everywhere for monitoring. They do have a nice clarity and realism to them. Enjoy!

Happy New Year!
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic