FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession Ordered!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:38am
"Look dude, if you make all these crystals and substances work really well together, this record will sound great"

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:33pm
Where can I get one of those crystals? I’ll remortgage my house for it if it just deepens the bass a little and clarifies the high frequency response. My wife won’t be able to tell, but I will darn it!
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

"Look dude, if you make all these crystals and substances work really well together, this record will sound great"

The bag of silicon crystals are in the magicians' hand.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Pushpaw Pushpaw wrote:

Where can I get one of those crystals? I’ll remortgage my house for it if it just deepens the bass a little and clarifies the high frequency response. My wife won’t be able to tell, but I will darn it!

Do you really mean that? Evil SmileWink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
Seriously though, is there any truth to what I have suggested Graham or do you think the explanation lies elsewhere?
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Seriously though, is there any truth to what I have suggested Graham or do you think the explanation lies elsewhere?

Time for a Capacitor to Charge= 5RC

(to 99%)

But that ain't necessarily so.

It's around 47 years since I bought that album, and I'm still learning.

"Although solid-state amplifiers have been around for some 40 years, it would be a great mistake to assume that everything possible is known about them." (Doug Self, 2009)

Edited by Graham Slee - 05 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 6:17pm
Hmmm, five half-lives but inverted??

50 + 25 + 12.5 + 6.25 + 3.125 = approx. 97%

Sorry, I wasn't able to derive it with algebra.

Edited by Ash - 05 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic