FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession mm phono stage..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession mm phono stage..
    Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 6:28pm
Have just got one...and amazed at the performance "out of the box". One thing I am not sure of...never played with capacitance before and not really sure of the parameters...I have mine set at 100 Pf by default I think...I am using  Rega RP6 With a Rega Exact m.m cartridge coupled with a latest spec Rega Brio amp.....will 100 P.f be ideal, or is there a "known and recognised" setting for this cartridge?
Thanks in advance for any pointers:)
Rega P8, Exact m.m, Accession m. phono stage, Graham Slee /Chord interconnects, Dali Oberon floor standers.
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:15am
I am also very happy with my Accession M. I have tried Decca Super Gold and Goldring 1042 cartridges so far, i played around with the capacitance for a few days but stopped when i found the setting that to my ears suited both cartridges most of the time. 
I am not going to say what those settings are because we all hear things differently and listen to varied genres. 
To me, having the facility comes under "It's better to have and don't need than to need and don't have" (also a tune from my misspent youth by Don Covay) and i include being able to use the Accession direct to my amps as another available tweak.

I can also change my speakers crossover capacitors and resistors almost as easily with just a screwdriver, i consider myself lucky to have so many choices!
When i have around 100 hours playing time on the Accession i will revisit the sliders and crossover components to see/hear if my preferences have changed....    
No Music, No Life!
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic