FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join our friendly forum here and subscribe to our newsletters here

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

Accession for Moving Coil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:51pm
I don't see it.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm

Try hitting refresh several times, or use a different browser.
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
I see it now.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:10pm
If you think it looks good on the webpage, just wait till you hear it!

Edited by Fatmangolf - 05 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
shashirao View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:10am
Quick question - can the Enigma used to upgrade from PSU1 for Accession MM, Proprius mono amps?

And a quick update on the Accession MC/Enigma setup:
I am now truly hearing the Presentation MC cart in its entirety. There is an amazing reduction in vinyl noise of the crackle/clicks kind. Some of the vinyls I used to grit my teeth, especially at the lead track, now plays without giving any grief. The brows are un-furrowed and ears relaxed.

I was expecting reduction in external and surface noise given my experience with the Accession MM. However with the Accession MC+Enigma, it really works wonders with these low output MC carts.

It took me a while to realize that I was playing mono records with the same clarity as stereo pressing - not realizing a difference in the listening (of course the stereo separation is still there).

This is, in my opinion, my first true hearing experience of my Presentation cart as it is. All other equipment have almost faded into the background. No more tweaking and dialing combinations. Just drop the needle and hear how the MC cart extracts the sound.

I went back to my Accession MM archives to compare similar records. The difference is like comparing say a Macallan with a Glenrothes - both Speyside but with distinct flavors. The MC recordings are lavish, a bit tight on bass, extremely detailed on any string or percussion instruments. The soundstage is wider giving room for each instrument to play its part and be heard.

The MM recording (with the Clearaudio Charisma) is quieter (less surface noise), places you in a nice recording room where the instruments mingle around the vocals. They play more in coordination and it becomes a task to follow a single instrument without being overwhelmed by the entire setup.

It will take me a few months to archive my collection with the Presentation MC cartridge. Next is to archive the mono recordings with the punchy Miyajima Zero - really looking forward to the Accession MC+Enigma to reintroduce me to all my MC cartridges properly....this is how they are supposed to sound!

I may be finally ready to part with my Revelation MC, and the Elevator step up.

Cheers
Shashi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic