FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

AC to AC supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
rantalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rantalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC to AC supply
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
During the winter months our supply voltage varies sufficient to stop my Leak Troughline tuner from working. What I am looking for is something that will give a constant AC voltage out regardless of mains I/p voltage.
Norman
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:18pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
rantalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rantalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 3:13pm
It is exactly what I want so I've bought the 500W version. Thank you for your assistance.
Norman
rantalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rantalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:02pm
The sound difference between raw mails and the AC regenerator is immense, sounds are much crisper and more detailed. I can tell the difference listening in an adjoining room and that through an ageing Leak Troughline. To say I'm delighted with the result is a vast understatement, ecstatic is much nearer the mark.
This all happened because I asked a question and ICLP1 (Ifor) Responded.
I'm eternally grateful.
rantalot
Norman
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by rantalot rantalot wrote:

The sound difference between raw mails and the AC regenerator is immense, sounds are much crisper and more detailed. I can tell the difference listening in an adjoining room and that through an ageing Leak Troughline. To say I'm delighted with the result is a vast understatement, ecstatic is much nearer the mark.
This all happened because I asked a question and ICLP1 (Ifor) Responded.
I'm eternally grateful.
rantalot

👍
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:21pm
Heart warming and ear pleasing. Another great example of how good this forum is.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Baflar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baflar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:35pm
I'm intrigued.  I'm pretty sure I have a very ropey mains power supply here (light bulbs never last very long, for example), and I seem to have been reading numerous extremely enthusiastic claims lately to the effect that massive improvements in sound quality can be achieved simply by using a perfectly stable AC power supply.  Is this really, really true?!  I can't think of any obvious reason why it should make much or any difference (and my knowledge of electronics wouldn't cope with a very technical explanation).  But there are definitely some experts on this forum so... (!)...

Assuming that it really can make a huge difference, several questions spring to mind:
1. If I got (say) the AG500 regulator (https://www.powerinspired.com/store/ag500-ac-regenerator-500w-with-pwm-fan-control-p-1811.html ), would I be able safely to plug an extension/multi-socket cable into it to then feed 'clean' AC power to all the 'vital' hi-fi stuff: turntable, amplifier, Slee GramAmp Communicator with standard power supply, CD transport, Minidisk player, cassette player, laptop computer (for HD digital files)?

2. Assuming I can go ahead as above, which items would show a noticeable audio improvement?  (And really, really, how great would it be?!)

3. For vinyl reproduction, would the Slee PSU1 deliver a greater improvement?

4. Since the cost of the AG500 is definitely not negligible, does anyone know how I could get an in-home trial?

Gratitude for guidance would be forthcoming!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic