FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

5V 3A PSU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 56>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 3:35pm
Graham, I am also interested in this PSU but to power a Smyth Realiser A16. Inspecting photographs of it, it suggests 9V 3A on the product, if I recall correctly. Can you accommodate this? I want to combine your power supply, DAC and headamp expertise with the A16's DSP expertise with Heinz Renner's headphone expertise.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by peterb peterb wrote:

Has the PSU got any nearer 'production'? 
I am still interested in one as I would like to upgrade to the latest PI and every new generation seems to want more and more Amps!

Same question, similar reason.

Ian

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 6:02pm
I'm also interested to know if the two I want will be ready soon?
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:45pm
Reply to all: please PM John C whose friend is the case manufacturer, and pile the pressure on! Evil Smile
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Graham, I am also interested in this PSU but to power a Smyth Realiser A16. Inspecting photographs of it, it suggests 9V 3A on the product, if I recall correctly. Can you accommodate this? I want to combine your power supply, DAC and headamp expertise with the A16's DSP expertise with Heinz Renner's headphone expertise.

The spec says 16V DC at 3.75 Amps: 60 watts.

The 5V 3A PSU is 15 watts (5 x 3).

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:36pm
I've been using the pre-prod unit (pictured earlier) for a few months, powering my Bitzie via the USB outlet. It is stood on top of my PC tower/box which resides under my desk ( 4" away from my right knee if I were to be precise). The Bitzie also sits on the PC just behind the PSU.

Whilst on, the PC fan which is pretty quiet, masks case hum from the laminated transformer. With everything turned off in what is a soundproofed room, I can just make out case hum which is about the same level, if not slightly more, as a PSU1, and I have five of those constantly on 4 feet to the right of me on the floor, so all are humming along together. I do not find it annoying and only notice it if I intentionally listen for it.

The power supply will only be offered to forum members (under the DAK brand name) due to there being "geographical" regulations which would prevent its global release. It is safe however, and the pre-prod unit has been sat there switched on constantly since the laminated transformer was installed.

BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 11:08pm
Good to hear (or not as it turns out) that the pre prod unit works well.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 56>
  Share Topic