FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

2500+ Members Now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

Back to the 'call to arms' would it be reasonable to email ALL 2,500 members in thanks and with a suggestion that the inactive ones become more involved. I cannot remember when I signed up whether there was a 'no marketing' declaration but could some low level email contacts be made to members?

Valid point. I'd say about 2/3rds of members have not hidden their email addresses from me, but some mailboxes will have disappeared/changed in the meantime. Worth a try. Hope it doesn't end up with some deregistering though. Sometimes just one email can be enough to upset some people (I have found).
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 10:26pm
One option would or could be to email and provide the option to opt out; no response is effectively an opt in if you see what I mean?

Are you able to share the approx % are direct sales/on-line (can understand if this is commercially sensitive).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:07am
23% of our sales are retail, which means 77% are via distribution and dealers, and between them they mark-up to the consumer, so 77 becomes well over 130, so the total becomes say around 160, so 23/160ths is roughly 14% of all retail sales. However, a member on here could have bought through a dealer or could have bought direct. I don't know that ratio, and without asking every member, I will never know. Plus, I cannot ask every member because some remove their email addresses from their profile. As regards access to their email addresses, their isn't any from the outside world, and even I can't download them from a database. I would have to spend a long time picking them out one by one from each profile. The forum software we run is of the type which is protective of its members. Obviously there are hackers out there who could presumably get in, but is it worth their effort, and what would they gain from it?

As a matter of interest I did the maths and the retail turnover is somewhere in the region of £571K per annum. This isn't our turnover obviously, because of trade margins.

If we take off our sales then our outlets would each do around £9K each per annum, but in reality, the giant's share is handled by a handful of successful dealers, and as for the rest ...

It can be seen that what we do is very exclusive, possibly more exclusive than most members think! You can safely say that very few people interested in hi-fi on planet earth have high fidelity equipment as good as you!

Edited by Graham Slee - 30 Jan 2017 at 8:25am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 7:27pm
All the people I know think the sound I get from my system (which is all Graham Slee products) think the sound I get is fantastic. I can't understand why there aren't any honest reviewers that would think the same. What you provide Graham is great, honest value! I do my best to tell people and I think I have influenced at least one dealer. Wish I could do more!
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 2:41pm

The other day I discovered this little note in the box of my Reflex M, purchased maybe 5 years ago? I had already been a member for a short while back then I think, but the forum sure has grown a lot in just the odd couple of years since this was printed. Here's to 5000 members before 2020!   

Edited by suede - 12 Feb 2017 at 3:00pm
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 8:07pm
I wonder if we ever updated that number... Embarrassed
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 1:27pm
Here's hoping for an exponential curve ... already @ 2517 !Thumbs Up
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic