FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

1970s Design Indulgence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:49pm
Originally posted by AlienRendel AlienRendel wrote:

Being honest, a lot of what is in this thread is just technically over my head.  And that's one of the problems with being a layperson investing in audio equipment - I don't have the background to look at circuit designs and know what is better, so I can only trust my ears.  

However, having an equipment maker be this detailed and transparent about their product instills trust, even if I don't comprehend all the particulars.

And, all should realize that sound quality is Graham's ultimate goal in all his designs.
He does not just use theory or scientific math to prove a system works as intended, he does very critical listening tests in a broadcast studio designed listening room.

Edited by BAK - Yesterday at 5:52pm
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Telling it as it is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 hours 6 minutes ago at 9:18pm
I believe that some amplifier designers fix the symptoms rather than the cause. Usually, the cause is a not-so-bright idea.

These 134 pages are a long journey to find and explain these causes. I'm sure it would be an excellent reference to others if edited and appropriately indexed.

I am a bit disappointed by the lack of information on these things in books written by "acclaimed" designers. However, I think I know what their answer would be.
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 32 minutes ago at 7:52am
...These 134 pages are a long journey to find and explain these causes. I'm sure it would be an excellent reference to others if edited and appropriately indexed....

I ditch my ' music centre'' in 1985 and began the journey of single components so called ''HIFI''. By 1990 something bite me and i sought better and started subscription to many HIFI magazines and began the yearly visit at many dedicated listening room at Audio retail stores. And perhaps that was the biggest mistake and after yearly or very three years change of Amp and CD players and new components , Power supply and DAC .....has not learned until 2015 when I built the Genera and read the Forum. Indeed their is much to make a HIFI SALEMAN ditch his Marketing strategy. My 'Audiophile ' quest began in 2012 when I built 'Genera ' and  2015 the Proprius in the Hifi not rack but behind the speakers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134
  Share Topic