FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join our friendly forum here and subscribe to our newsletters here

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

1970s Design Indulgence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:41am
is this what the people below are thrashing around at graham - I have no idea whether any of these claims carry any validity?

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:32am
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

is this what the people below are thrashing around at graham - I have no idea whether any of these claims carry any validity?

By default the input phono socket "earthy" side (the common connection) is connected to mains earth via the chassis. Adding one of these cables creates another loop, probably harmless, but it won't improve anything. Connecting it to PCB ground connections will guarantee faulty operation. It will sound different, and as I've tried to teach, different doesn't automatically mean better.
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 49 minutes ago at 12:52am
For those interested in my references for the earlier article on The Problem With Stereo (and multi-channel amps) please refer to the following:

At time of publication of these journals I was aged 6 and 9 respectively, and only know of them by following the references shown in later published designs, and only being able to view them since David Gleason did the arduous work in compiling the data at American Radio History dot com (https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Scanning-for-American-Radio-History.htm)

I trust David gets more interest than the 2 or 3 readers I get here on a good day. The Internet started for the purpose of sharing scientific documents, engineering being a science, and in searching a book you look through the index, and if a page exists it is in there.

Google on the other hand do not index pages such as these, and so they may as well not exist. I found it difficult throughout my career finding good information, and that looks set to continue for others. I trust somebody is getting the benefit from all this research? (other than copycats that is)

Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
  Share Topic